Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"The Scientist in the Crib"

  I should choose a book for my research paper. There were a lot of books on the list. I have to decide what part I prefer. I choose "The Scientist in the Crib" in 'Language and the Mind/Language Acquisition' part. The book is written by Gopnik, Alison, Andrew N.Meltzoff, and Patricia K. Kuhl. The subtitle is 'What Early Learning Tells Us About the Mind' 
  I have interested in education and I major in education. In addition, I teach Korean for Korean-American kids once a week. I always wonder how the kids learn language. Sometimes I got surprised at my students because I never teach some words my students, but they can use new words correctly.
  I didn't read the book yet, but I think the book is helpful to teach my students and I can understand my students better than before I read the book. I expect the book let me challenge and solve my questions.  
 

1 comment:

  1. Good reason! Michelle is reading this book too so you may want to talk to her about it as you both read!

    ReplyDelete